Youth & Family Social Services
As a Christian based social service we are passionate about serving and supporting our community. Families will receive warmth, encouragement and support to help, share and recover from some of life’s difficulties and challenges.
Our YFSS ‘Youth and Family Social Service’ Programme offers support to the whole family. This could look like:
- Family Therapy
- Family Support/Home Coaching
- Anger Management
- Behaviour Management.
- Life Coaching/Mentoring
- Support and/or Referrals around self-harm/suicide/eating disorders/trauma/loss and grief/anxiety/self-esteem/boundaries and others.
- Alternative Education
- Residential Care for youth
We are very hopeful that anyone coming for support will feel safe and supported in their journey towards wellbeing.
We draw from Maori and non-Maori models of practice in our assessments and support. These include;
- Te Whare Tapu Wha
- Mauri moe/Mauri oho/Mauri ora
- Maslow’s Theory
- Attachment Theory
- Dyadic Developmental psychotherapy (DDP)
- Metaframeworks – family Therapy
- The Bible
As a registered Social Worker with a post grad in DDP I am passionate about seeing our families and community flourishing. If you or your family need support, encouragement and a helping hand then call or email us today.
We look forward to supporting you.